Opt-in for text messages
In addition, if you want to receive any text messages from your school or the Calgary Board of Education, including non-commercial messages, you need to opt-in for texts.
To opt-in, use your cell phone to text the word YES to the six-digit number 724665.
To update your cell phone number, email address or other contact information, please contact your school. If your contact information changes, you will also need to repeat the steps above.
- There is no extra cost to receive SMS messages from the CBE, but standard message and data rates may apply when you receive messages from us.
- If you do not subscribe, you will not receive electronic messages on commercial school topics. You will continue to receive messages on non-commercial topics such as absence and closure notifications.
- Your subscription and opt-in will apply to all Calgary Board of Education schools that your child (or children) attend, both now and in the future, as long as your contact information on record at the schools is the same. If you provided different contact information to different schools, you will need to subscribe and opt-in for every email address and cell number in order to receive all messages.
- Your subscription and opt-in will continue indefinitely unless you withdraw your consent.
- For information on Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation visit www.fightspam.gc.ca,
- View our SMS (Text Message ) Terms and Conditions.
For more information, view our Questions and Answers (pdf).
Calgary Board of Education, 1221 8 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T2R 0L4. Phone 403-817-4000.